Monday, January 26, 2015

Things Messy Boy Broke, Volume 1

As Messy Boy's superhero name would suggest, he is messy.  Messes follow him wherever he goes.  He is also quite destructive.  The boy breaks everything.  The words, "If you keep breaking things, we will never be able to have anything nice" have actually slipped out of my mouth on more than one occasion, making me feel very old.

Someone please tell me, is this a boy thing or just a Messy Boy thing?  There are some things I just expect to get broken like all the cheap, plastic toys that somehow creep into my house. I expect those to be broken.  It's the supposedly good quality wooden toys that he's broken that just completely baffles me.  

So, with all the stuff being broken in my house, I have decided to document it. I hope that it makes you feel better about all the things in your house that are NOT broken and that I can one day use this as evidence against Messy Boy when he's a teenager.

Here are a list of things that Messy Boy has broken over the past few days weeks:
  •  Arrows from Dancing Girl's Merida bow and arrow set (followed quickly by the replacement arrows for the aforementioned Medida arrows)
This is actually the fifth arrow he broke.
  • Starfish bracelet
All that remains of Dancing Girl's starfish bracelet.
  • Wooden snowman that he painted himself
I had intended to save this with the box of handmade Christmas decorations.

  • Wooden butcher knife from a Melissa & Doug sushi set
  • Wooden pot from Dancing Girl's play kitchen
Do you have a destructive little toddler demolishing your house?  What got broken in your house this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment