Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Making Valentines with Dancing Girl

Wow! It's February already? In my house, that means Valentine's Day is sneaking up on me.  Because we are a military family, we have so many friends scattered around the country that Dancing Girl wants to send cards to.  Unfortunately for me, that means we can't wait until the day before Valentine's Day to throw something together.  So, I did some internet perusing last night and found these adorable kitty Valentines at Blissfully Domestic.  We had all the necessary supplies (I mean, who doesn't have googly eyes just lying around the house?), so Dancing Girl got to work today.

I think ours actually turned out more like mice. What do you think? 

We pretty much followed Blissfully Domestic's instructions except that we made out card a bi-fold (is that really how you explain it?) and glued our "You are a purr-fect friend" inside the card.  Tomorrow, I will let Dancing Girl and Messy Boy go to town and add stickers and draw pictures if they like. Then, we can hopefully get them addressed and in the mail before next Valentine's Day.

Adding the whiskers... 
Messy Boy didn't care too much for making the cards. He mostly wanted to put stickers everywhere (Anyone want to come clean stickers off of my furniture?).  Dancing Girl had a lot of fun though and made  a dozen cards in an hour's time.  And, best of all, I don't have to spend extra money buying Valentines.  Just don't tell Dancing Girl they look like mice. Then, we would have to start all over.

Do you have any fun Valentine's Day crafts you enjoy doing with your kids? Send me a link so we can try it.  We still have a week to cram in cute Valentine's projects.

Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment